Tuesday, July 22, 2008

eli's 2 month update

eli turned two months yesterday. i seriously cant believe how fast time has gone, it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. tanner and i went out to celebrate by going to cpk for dinner : ) and eli slept through the whole thing (which is what i was hoping he would do).
today eli had his 2 month doctors checkup. his weight is now 10 pounds 6 ounces, which puts him in the 25th percentile. his height is still at 21 1/2 inches which puts him in the 5th percentile! he's a shorty! it turns out he got his second unfortunate characteristic from his dad. aside from his freaky eyes, eli probably has eczema so we'll see how that goes. he also got three immunizations. so sad. during the more painful one eli did his cry that breaks my heart. the one where he stops breathing for a second, and then lets out a good baby scream right after. my eyes totally started to water once the nurse left cause i felt so bad, but luckily i held it together.
i seriously cant believe he is already 2 months old. i dont want him to get big cause he is so cute in this little body of his, but i also love seeing him develop and learn new things. im already sad that he isn't the average newborn size anymore, but i guess thats part of the reason people have multiple kids!





i want to give a quick shout out to easton (my nephew). i forgot it was his birthday yesterday and i feel so so so bad about it. he turned three and is seriously on of the cutest little kids. i love him and wish i could have been there to celebrate his 3rd birthday with him. happy birthday buddy!

8 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

Eli is too cute! I love the last picture with him smiling!!! I need to see him again. I cant believe that he is still so little! That is crazy that he is only in the 5th percentile for length cause you and Tanner are tall but I am sure he will have some super growth spurt soon. My kids grew a lot faster than Eli. It really is nice though that he is little cause they grow fast enough!

Anonymous said...

your hair looks really good! I love it! And Eli might have one of those growth spurts all of a sudden on day!

Anonymous said...

Crazy that it's already been two months. You can tell how much you guys adore him. I think it's so cute! Oh and I love the new hair!

The Benches said...

Oh Megan! He is so cute! I already love him so much and can't wait to meet him!

xoxo

McCain Family said...

He's a cutie and you look great! Well done.

Anonymous said...

that last picture of eli is so cute! he looks so much bigger from when we came to visit! what is eczema?

Kristen said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR. And Eli is growing up so fast! I agree with jor about his height. You two are lanky freaks...wait that was a bit strong. Basically, I'm sure he is going to be tall soon enough. love ya!

Kristen said...

he needs to model