Sunday, January 25, 2009

page museum

 

 

 
yesterday we went on a little outing to the tar pit museum. as wild as it sounds, its one of the worlds most famous spots for fossil findings because of how many diverse animals they have discovered...and its in the heart of la. essentially there is a big tar pit (that looks more like a lake) that the animals from the last ice age (ranging anywhere from 10,000 to 40,000 years ago) would get trapped in, resulting in its death. It is a very odd thought to think of saber-toothed cats, mammoths, and camels roaming around the los angeles we know and love today. it was a fun family saturday morning outting, and im excited to plan the next one! 

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fun! You guys are such a darling family. I love outings like these.

shannon said...

this looks like it was fun! don't do too many fun things without me! i love the first picture of eli with tanner cause it looks like he's raising his eyebrows :)

Jordan Merrell said...

I love Eli! He is such a stud! He looks so cute and so big! I am jealous that you live in Cali and get to do things like that! I hate saturdays now cause they are boring cause there is nothing to do in the snow!

Terry said...

It looks like you had a fun day. Here we park golf in the summer and go to round one, bowl or missionaries come and we play cards for our day out. Well love you all