Friday, January 23, 2009

seriously?

i paid a bill the other day that made me cringe. 800 dollars for eli's immunizations. EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS!! serious cringe. the sad thing is that isn't even for all his shots, it just covered the past couple months. 

tanner and i happened to go to costco the day i opened the bill and had many 'cringified' moments while there. like seeing this couch (below), really liking it, then realizing that it actually costs less than eli's doctor's bill. ouch! this happened with many other items, like a really pretty dining table, but what can you do? nothing. obviously eli is worth every penny, but it still kills me how expensive healthcare is...and we have good health insurance. sorry couch, im sure someone who can actually afford you will buy you. unfortunately thats not me. 
 

5 comments:

The Alvords said...

What a bummer. I hate paying for things like that...things you know are completely necessary but that don't come along with any fun. We have things like that too and it drives me crazy! One day you will get the couch, and you'll have a big beautiful healthy child that can jump on it.

Jordan Merrell said...

I still am shocked that your insurance doesn't cover immunizations! That is insane and going to add up soooooooo fast!!! Maybe there is some other insurance that you can use to supplement it. I don't like our insurance very much (well the maternity portion) but they do cover all the shots. It is going to add up so fast once you have more kids. They need shots all the time!! I am sorry.

Terry said...

Megan,
I have never heard of an insurance that does not cover immunizations. That is crazy. With most of you, we went to the county and they give shots at something like $10. a shot. I would most certainly look in to the county health care.

Kristen said...

you should go off of tanners 1/2 canadian citizenship and try to leech of Canada's health system.

Lindsey said...

That's horrible, Meg! You should really look into your healthcare. I've never heard of that...