Tuesday, April 21, 2009

11 months old

 
i cant believe eli is 11 months old today. whenever i think about it my heart starts pounding a little faster. i think its cause it makes me sad. really sad. i only have one more month with him before he turns 1. 
i have been realizing more and more how life is never going to be like this again. i would often times think that when i was pregnant, but i was still excited about the change. i am so happy and content spending all my time with one easy, happy baby and i dont want that to change. 
as he gets older things are going to change, and as future babes come into our family things are going to change. i know i will be happy about it when the time comes. but i think i'll look back on this time with just me and eli as a very special time. 

4 comments:

Tamio & Anna said...

you will Megan and then when the new changes come you will look at those as very special times...they grow up all to quickly.

McCain Family said...

I agree 100%. I cried when Hayden turned 1. I think about her getting older and it freaks me out. My mom always says when she got married she would ask my dad how she could love someone else as much as she loved him? Then they had my oldest brother. She would then say, "How will I love another baby as much as I love my first?" and then she had my second brother, and so on and so on.
I don't know if you ever feel like that, but sometimes I do.
Change will be a good thing, when the time is right! But for now, enjoy your time with Eli! He is so dang cute!

shannon said...

that is a sad thought. time flies! that picture is so cute and it makes me excited to see you in a month and a half!

Jordan Merrell said...

he is so wonderfully cute! Time does fly. It seems like I was just there with Brennen and you were prego. It seems to go faster and faster every year! Enjoy your time with just one cause it goes by way to fast. It is impossible to imagine loving another baby as much as your first, but the second you see the next, its as if they always have existed and you instantaniously love them just as much, but for now, just enjoy every single minute!