Thursday, August 27, 2009

eli and his big boy potty

while we were up in santa barbara linda bought eli a little toilet seat. she said she started her kids early on the potty so they would get used to it and when it was time to fully become potty-trained, it wasn't a big deal or scary thing. and i think thats a great idea. linda put eli on the potty a couple times, with one time of success, the other times they just chilled in the bathroom together for a little while... which eli thought was pretty cool.
this picture is of the first time eli sat on the potty, and actually went potty! he's getting so big...

we got home today. the back of my car was pretty full, so i unloaded everything and kept it by the front door. after about 5 min of being home, eli grabbed the toilet seat out of the pile and carried it to the bathroom door. i always keep the bathroom door shut so eli doesnt get into everything, but went over and opened it for him. he then proceeded to try to lift the toilet lid up (which luckily is heavy so i had to do it), and i put the seat on it for him. after i put him on, he went potty again! i had such a proud mom moment. granted, i am fully aware that it was most likely a very big coincidence that he happened to go pee when sitting on the seat, but it still made me happy regardless.
he thinks toilet paper is way too awesome.

way to go buddy!

10 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

I love that last picture of him!! its so cute and I don't think it was a coincident that he went! He figured it out the first time and now knows what to do!!! Teach him the sign language for potty terms and you will be set! he can be potty trained by 18 months!! Yay for Eli (and you)!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing. I am so proud of him! He is so big now. You should be proud.

Mumsy said...

He is the cutest little person on earth! And SO smart.

Terry said...

I love the pictures. He is sooo cute. That is amazing that he is going potty all ready. Tanner is going to be so mad that he is out of town for this important moment. You all should be very proud.

The Alvords said...

That is amazing! I think the earlier the better when it comes to getting them familiar with potty training. Way to go Megan. I am so impressed with beautiful Eli and his potty skills.

Kristen said...

i love it. he is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are too cute! I can't believe he likes the potty so much! I am totally inspired. Jimmy is not interested at all and I think it is because I never think to set him on there. Great idea! Eli is so big! I can't believe it! Linda is so cute to get him a potty seat. And I love all his curly hair!

A and M said...

Way to go Eli! Such a big boy!
I can't get over his adorable curls on top of his head, it's too cute.

Courtney said...

OMG - Eli is a genius! Seriously, though, this is pretty dang cool and definitely something I'm going to have to try as well. So plan on being prepared to tell me everything I need to do.

BTW - Trina, from the gym, invited me to go to the other 24 tomorrow for a kick boxing class. She said it will likely kick my butt but that I'll love it. She also invited you, but I told her you were out of town. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. Cross your fingers that I survive.

Hope Disneyland was fun!

Nel Kelley Grahamson said...

Kristen thinks it's funny that I still read this blog, and she even asks me Daniels/Elton family trivia questions. (I aced all of them. It was shameful.)

That said, I think that when Eli grows up and realizes you put his embarrassing potty pictures on a blog you will have some serious 'splaining to do.

If you're reading this, Future Eli: I told her not to, brutha!