i went in for my 16 week appointment today (16 weeks and 4 days to be exact). luckily my good friend courtney was able to babysit eli during it and he had a great time playing with her and westin. it was a pretty quick check-up, just the usual pee in a cup, my doc checked the heart beat, and more blood work. i found out eli was a boy at 16 weeks back in utah, so it's killing me that i don't get to find out the gender for another 4 weeks. december 8th. thats the day... start leaving your votes now on if you think its a girl or boy.
this week has been totally crazy. tanner has been gone since sunday afternoon on a business trip so thats never a fun thing. eli and i drove up to santa barbara on tuesday and stayed till thursday afternoon. meanwhile, i have been in charge of managing team-twilight all by my lonesome. our head writer was out of town so i was writing every story, deciding when the stories should be published on the website, and pushing out a select amount to facebook. it may not sound like much work, but it is so insanely time consuming. luckily she got back last night and busted out like 20 stories that she has had saved in her newsfeed so i haven't had to do much today. i also am teaching relief society on sunday and don't feel prepared. at all. i haven't fully finished my lesson, have felt overwhelmed at the lack of time i've felt like i've had this week to really focus on it, and wont have a spare minute to work on it tomorrow... so i guess i'll figure it out. i also applied for new insurance for eli. eli's insurance past has not been a good one, and it is incredible the stress that comes with all things related to insurance. but i finished the application yesterday and submitted it so hopefully we'll hear back soon.
whew. tanner arrives in two hours (yep, his flight was delayed for four hours in colorado due to weather...i often forget everywhere else in the country is experiencing normal cold weather for winter) and i am so excited to see him even though i'm not picking him up till midnight. i am also already super tired and wish i could go to bed. but #1 on my list is to work on my lesson now that eli is asleep and the kitchen is clean, and #2... well, clean the rest of my apartment.
on a different note, last week erin so kindly came over and babysat eli while tanner and i got to go on a fun date. we went to go see a cirque du soleil show called kooza that was playing right off the pier. it was so fun, and very needed, to get out alone with tanner and the show was absolutely amazing.
eli and erin before we left for the show
in the tent right before the show started. my hair has been looking so stupid lately. im pretty positive that it's due to the fact i let it air-dry everyday because i'm lazy. i should probably not allow myself to do that anymore.
5 comments:
I can't wait to hear what you are having! I think it is a girl :-) So when are you due exactly? I am seventeen weeks tomorrow (Saturday)and I am due April 24th. We have to be within a few days!
Whew! Things have been CRAZY for you guys this past week...I am so glad Tanner is home now. I hope he takes you out for a fancy, relaxing b-day celebration!! And a huge THANK YOU for teaching on your birthday!! Can I take you and Eli out for a birthday lunch on Monday???? let me know if you're free!!
I think you're having a girl... you already have a cute little boy, and you will be such an adorable mom to a girl. Can't wait to find out!
I am so excited to find out what you are having! I will be super happy either way. Having 2 boys together is nutso but so so so wonderful so I hope eli gets that relationship, but I would really like to buy some pink :) I am glad tanner is home and hopes that he stays that way for longer than a week!!! I hope that your BIRTHDAY is going perfectly!!!
I'm sure you did great in your lesson. I'm glad the writer is back. If you need anything, let me know. seriously! you are great!
Post a Comment