Thursday, December 3, 2009

eli's first time in nursery

two sunday's ago was eli's first time in nursery by himself. the night before we went out and tanner picked out a cute new outfit for eli's big day. at our ward (i don't know if this is how it is in every ward) you can go in with your child when they are 17 months to get them used to it. when i went with eli, i purposefully kept my distance so i fully thought we would have no issues with him. unfortunately, that was not the case. apparently at snack time eli started crying so i went in there with him (tanner and i were hanging out in the courtyard right outside the door anyways so it wasn't a big deal). when it was play time i snuck out, and about ten minutes later was pulled out of relief society to eli's crying. last sunday wasn't much better, but hopefully this is a short phase that he will get over soon!
regardless of him not being a fan of nursery yet, here are some pictures of him on his big day...
looking a little serious... maybe he could sense what was coming. and yes, tanner did his hair but the second it gets touched it becomes a little poof ball so it only lasted for five minutes.

luckily the nursery kids in our ward get to play outside in this area with fun toys during the last part ... living in a place with great weather year round definitely has its perks. and i am fully aware that neither of this pictures are very good.

7 comments:

The Alvords said...

Megan, you seriously have the most beautiful child I have ever seen. I know I always comment on his cuteness but how can I help myself? If I have a daughter in the next few years, I think we ought to betroth her and Eli. I love his nursery outfit. He is a doll.

Andrea J said...

I think both those pictures are good. Y'all are an adorable little family and it's definitely a phase. He'll start to love it soon :)

Jordan Merrell said...

Those pictures are the cutest things ever! Eli is such a stud! I love his slicked hair and love how curly it turned by the time you got to church. his outfit is so cute and I can't believe he is ready for nursery. Not one of my boys liked nursery. B will finally not cry when we leave him and he is 27 months :) Good luck.

shannon said...

eli is so cute! and now he's going to have a little brother that will look just like him!!!

Terry said...

What a big boy going to nursery. I love that kid and I think that you are one amazing group.

The Benches said...

He looks so old, and SO darling. Love his vest.

Kristen said...

he is so cute!