my only big craving while i was pregnant with eli was popcorn at the movie theater. it seemed time and time again we would walk in, the smell would hit me, i'd try to fight off the urge, and then after sitting down and making a couple comments to tanner he'd run back out during the previews to get us a big bag. at least i tried to fight off the buttery salty goodness.
i don't know if i would view these as typical pregancy cravings, but these are some things i have been eating a lot of lately ...
the main fruit that has helped my sweet tooth has been kiwi. unfortunately trader joe's hasn't had it the past two times i've been, and i've missed it cause it is oh so good. and i feel proud of myself for eating this when i could have reached for something else. did you know that kiwi has more vitamin c than oranges?

edamame is a favorite snack of mine. if i am getting hungry, i go in the fridge and grab a handful of these babies and it helps to hold me over for a while. okay, but can i be honest? i haven't had these in about a week... because i keep finding dead worms in them! isn't that discusting? i only noticed for the first time right before i was about to pop it in my mouth and saw something weird. so i tried telling myself that it was just what happens in nature and decided that then i would always pop them into a bowl before putting them in my mouth. and even after that have seen two dead worms. i think it will be a while before i buy costco edamame again.

i am a huge fan of mac and cheese. like, seriously, call me a kid but it is one of my favorite foods. tanner and i went mac and cheese scouting with some friends to different restaurants in the area to find the best we could. and i found the best at trader joes. it is inexpensive, and for popping it in the microwave it is a great treat... not for your heart, but for your tummy.

this blue agave sweetener has been a big help to me. it is better for you, and much sweeter, than sugar. i've been having this on bread/bagels with peanut butter or on cream of wheat/oatmeal, or cereal like wheaties to make it nice and sweet. yummy.

i guess its safe to say i have much more of a sweet tooth when i'm pregnant than when i'm not. often times at night tanner and i would put eli in his pj's, and then run to mc donalds or fosters freeze to get a blizzard or sundae or whatever other sweet thing sounded good. we would have to do this because i didn't want to have ice cream in the house so i wouldn't eat it. but that obviously wasn't happening. so to save us the late night runs, i bought plain vanilla ice cream, and have been using left over v-day chocolate to make my own little creations. my favorite is sticking a reese's into the microwave to get it nice and soft, and then mixing it into the ice cream. yum.

4 comments:
Kiwi for a sweet tooth - you're inspiring. I'm willing to try anything, the chocolate chips I've been popping really just make me sugar sick.
oooooo, I need a treat now :) I have also been eating lots of kiwi. I always have when I am pregnant. I love the reese's and vanilla, that has always been one of my favorite treats. I need to get into edamae, I have had 2 bags in the freezer for a while and I do really like it. I thought I would have more cravings with this pregnancy and the only thing I can think of is Captain Crunch :)
Oh gross, we have costco edamame and now I'm freaked out that I will find worms in it! But it is oh so delicious when worms aren't involved and Hayden has figured out how to eat it and she likes it! Hooray!
Good for you for eating kiwi. I need to be better!
I am sitting in class. not the best time to read about really yummy food on your blog. My stomach just started yell-growling.
I want to try trader joes mac&cheese. I've had a recent discussions about it.
Post a Comment