Wednesday, May 25, 2011

eli turned 3

my baby turned 3. its pure craziness. the day before his birthday while isaac was taking a nap, we were lying in my bed cause we were both a little tired. he was being a cutie so i had to grab the camera-
i took this kid to the pediatrician for his 3 year check up yesterday, and here are his stats -
weight: 33 pounds (60th percentile)
height: 36 inches (10th percentile)

hearing that made me laugh. not quite the height to weight ratio i was expecting : ) i was surprised with the weight cause eli has hardly been eating the past few days cause he's been sick. but as the pediatrician put it, 'he's solid'. i can't say i'm totally sold on the height, considering he was looking down/slouching cause he didnt want to stand on the ledge, and then jumped off before she could really get it. but whatever... we'll take 10th percentile for now : )
eli went to bed the night before his birthday with a little fever, and walked in our room at 2am with a higher fever. poor kid. its never fun to not feel well on your birthday, especially since this is the first birthday he's known whats going on and was excited about it. but we let him sleep in that morning since he had a rough night, and he seemed well enough to make the trek down to fullerton to be able to celebrate with family.

we had personal pizzas for lunch, so below is linda, carly, and tanner working their magic in the kitchen.
eli deep in thought





unfortunately this shows how he felt the whole time. after this he kept saying he wanted to go home (which shows that he really was sick... cause that never, ever, ever happens). so we quickly moved on to presents.
he got all sorts of great things. carly made him a cape, erin got him a soccer jersey from her recent trip to italy, bryon/linda/bj got him some swim gear, water guns, and a foam baseball set (good thinking on the foam, linda : ), isaac got him a wooden train set, and tanner and i got him a scooter.
super hero birthday cake. thank you baskin robbins for having pre-made cakes we can go pick up 5 minutes before a birthday party starts.

and this is how eli ended his birthday party : )

despite not feeling well, he still says he had a great birthday and has used/worn/played with all of his new presents nonstop since his birthday. he is a lucky kid to have so many people be willing to take time out of their busy days to come celebrate with him for a while.

i wrote eli a little something while lying in bed the night before his birthday -

Dear Eli

How is my baby boy already a big 3 year old? I'm not sure why time is moving so fast, but I know we've had a great time together these past few years. You truly are my little buddy. Eli, you are so full of life, love, and passion. You have a driven energy about you that is so fun to be around, as long as I can keep up :). Your sweet voice and smile melt my heart. There are so many expressions you do, or phrases you say that I want to remember forever. The past couple weeks you randomly come up to me, where you gently put your arms around me and say, "mommy, I just love you so much." and I don't know if I could feel more joy than in those simple moments. Although I'm sure that's a phase that will unfortunately end, maybe if you read this when your old you can say, "mom, I just love you so much" again, cause I know I'll be loving you every moment of every day forever and ever. Happy birthday my handsome boy.

love, your mom

8 comments:

mj said...

Megan. I love your super-hero party theme. Very cool. And your little guy is so so cute.

Jordan Merrell said...

How fun even though he is sick!! I wish that we were there so my boys could have those darling shirts too!! He looks so big and I have a hard time believing that he is only in the 10%ile for height because he is as tall as brennen and 9 months younger and b is in the 50%ile. The nurse measured cam wrong today too so its all good. It sounds like he got spoiled with lots of fun goodies and the cake looks so cute with all the signs in it. You should become a party planner with all your spare time haha

Terry said...

Your letter to me brought tears to my eyes. He is so wonderful and he is so blessed to have you as a mother. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Kristen said...

your note at the end made me cry as well. (I blame mom for her genes passing the tears down to me). He is such a cute kid. I love the theme as well, it's perfect for Eli.

The Alvords said...

hat a little sweetheart! I'm so sad he was sick. He is by far, the most gorgeous 3 year old boy we know. Happy Birthday Eli!

Kristen said...

PS show me how the framed paintings look above your bed! I want to see a picture.

Lindsey said...

I love this! Eli is such a cutie - Love his green scooter - we have the blue one and Oliver is amazing on it. i have no doubts eli will be too!! Wish we lived near each other so our kids (and us!) could play together!

Courtney said...

I L.O.V.E every single one of those Eli pictures! That kid cracks me up.