Tuesday, January 24, 2012

christmas festivities

although we weren't able to do as many christmasy things as we would have ideally liked this year because of tanner being sick for so long after his surgery, we were still able to do some great things to celebrate that special time of year.
these are pictures from the night we set up the christmas tree. and when i say "we" i really mean me (with some ornament help from eli at random moments). its always a family event where we typically watch a christmas movie (this year was polar express), decorate the tree, and drink hot chocolate. the top left picture was my view while decorating...looks about right!


some other fun festivities we were able to do (on the right): we went and walked around the venice canals to see all the bridges/houses christmas lights. on the left: went to disneyland to see the decorations (they were watching the fireworks here... it was a really great moment that i re-fell in love with all my boys), erin came over to decorate christmas cookies, we went to visit the LA temple a few times to see the lights, and had countless christmas dance parties.
and here is our annual family christmas picture in front of the tree after church one sunday.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You guys are seriously such a good looking family. Between you and jor I feel a lot of pressure about how my offspring turn out :). I like that family tradition, I may start it as well.

I need to send you the anniversary pics of you and tanner!

Andrea J said...

I love your family picture by the tree, so sweet. Your boys look old and adorable.

Jordan Merrell said...

yay for christmastime! I love all the pictures!