Friday, October 29, 2010

beaba baby food maker

i just bought this the other day at williams sonoma and am so stinkin excited to use it. back when eli ate baby food i'd have day dreams about going to the farmers market saturday mornings, then coming home and making my own food for him. and i'm pretty excited that i can now live that dream and do it for isaac. eventually this will actually save me money and is a healthier option... so i think its totally worth a little extra effort to make the food.


btw- when i took isaac to the pediatrician she said they changed things and you don't start with rice cereal anymore... you can just jump right into feeding veggies, fruits, and meats and introduce the rice cereal later. for some reason this is mentally messing with me since this isn't the way i did it with eli. has anyone else heard anything like this? my sis explained that there are more allergy concerns now with the rice cereal so maybe thats why they (not that i know exactly who "they" are) changed it.

anyways, i remember some of you having this baby food maker. any tips? advice? a process/schedule for making the food that was easiest? any input is welcome! ps- i got two of the freeze trays and my sis-in-law gave me this book. any other needed things??

5 comments:

A and M said...

I used this for Merrick a lot at the beginning. I have the frozen storage thing too and then if I had old glass baby food containers I would use those too.
I really liked it and it's super easy. Sometimes I would make multiple batches at night but it's pretty quick, you can also just cut up some fruit right then and it's finished in 10 min.
The only con is since it's fresh you can't really store them in the diaper bag for very long when you're out and about...other than that it's great!
Happy puree-ing!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

We bought this from WS before Scarlett was born- but she never ate baby food, so we ended up returning it. I was looking forward to making my own baby food, too. I hope it works out for you.

Jordan Merrell said...

i am so excited that you bought that!! good for you! I am excited to hear how it goes!!! I just keep crossing my fingers that cams decides to like baby food!

Kristen said...

I'm excited for you to figure all this stuff out first. Then I'll take your wisdom when it's my time.

Lindsey said...

i've heard all about the beaba! good investment!