Wednesday, April 6, 2011

m.i.a.

we've had quite the go around here in the elton household. eli has had an off-and-on-again cold for the past month or so, resulting in him missing church a few weeks in a row. last thursday i started to not feel so well... which turned into a week of having a fever/cold/strep throat. on friday we drove up to santa barbara cause we were planning on watching conference there, which was a good move for us since tanner also had a night of throwing up. poor linda had a lot of extra people to take care of, but it was so nice knowing that tanner and i could be quarantined in our own rooms, and the boys were able to play and be outside away from the sickness. luckily tanner quickly got better... and luckily now, a week later, i am feeling mostly better too. i also am now thankful that weaning isaac happened much faster than i thought... at first it made me sad, but now see that with all these crazy meds i've been taking, it was more than worth it.

unfortunately isaac gave us quite a scare with doses of high fevers and a bad sounding cough with wheezing to go with it. we took him to the doctor this morning and it turns out he has croup so he got a steroid shot and some meds. we're hoping we wont have too many more rough nights ahead of us with that sick cutie.

tanner has been great at playing mr. mom and has been taking great care of everyone. he had to take the day off on monday, and a 1/2 day yesterday, so i'm sure he'll be very relieved when i am 100% feeling back to normal so he doesn't have so much on his plate.

but do you want to know something really exciting? i get to pick up ryan and shannon from the airport tomorrow. its been over two years since i've seen ryan and am so excited. im hoping everyone can feel better asap so we can have some really fun days ahead of us.

and just to remind myself that there were times where we were all healthy and able to go out and have fun, here we are a disneyland from about a month ago...

5 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

I feel so bad that I didn't know you guys were all so sick!!!! I am glad linda was able to take care of you and that you are all starting to feel better!!! That is the worst! It reminded me of our winter and honestly, I hope I never have to repeat it. At least you get Ry and shan!!! That will be soooooooooo awesome!!

Andrea J said...

Oh Megan, that's terrible. I'm very happy for your exciting day tomorrow though. Have the best time.

Kristen said...

I've been worried about you sister! I'm glad you are feeling better! xo

Courtney said...

Have a great time with your brother this weekend! Glad you're starting to feel better.

Kristen said...

you are sooo over due for a new post